Cork Food Policy Council is very pleased to announce the 2018 Cork Food Policy Council Award Scheme.
The CFPC believe there are many people who go that extra mile when it comes to sustainable food practices, who don’t get the recognition they deserve. This awards program is designed to recognise those people, acknowledge their good work and encourage others to follow suit.
Applicants, who must be Cork-based, are invited from each of the following four categories:
- Private Business – food retail, producer, restaurant, food enterprise; etc.
- Not for Profit – Community garden, allotment, charitable organisation; etc.
- Educational Institution – third level institute, skills & trainign providers; etc.
- Schools – Primary or Secondary
Applicants are being asked to illustrate their commitment to each of the CFPC’s five core values:
- Health and wellbeing for all
- A thriving local economy
- Resilient, food-friendly communities
- Lifelong learning & skills
- A reduced environmental footprint
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday December 15th 2017
Successful applicants will be awarded the 2018 CFPC Certificate of Recognition at a special event in the City Hall on Tuesday January 9th 2018. In addition, one outstanding example from each category will be awarded the 2018 CFPC Certificate of Excellence, along with a cash prize of €500 kindly donated by SuperValu Ireland.
To apply click here
An award ceremony will be hosted by the Lord Mayor of Cork City Cllr. Tony Fitzgerald in Council Chambers on Tuesday January 9th 2018 at 6.30pm.